More Timely Than Ever!

Friday, October 02, 2009

Chicago Dodges the Bullet

The people--as opposed to the elites--of Chicago should be eternally grateful they will be spared the Olympics. They would have been in for a terrible time with the impositions produced by government's idea of security and other acts of political opportunism. Especially lucky are the city's poor, who would have been removed to spare the elite embarrassment when the world cast its eyes upon the games.

Had I been a resident of Chicago, I would have said, Barack, Michelle, Oprah, mind your own business.

Rio, you have my condolences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I doubt it'll have as much of an effect in Rio. Everybody knows about the favelas and I'd say very few are ashamed of them. They even show wallet thiefs on national TV (hidden camera): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr9AOI33qag.